Law Office of Amanda Benedict - Fighting for Injured Cyclists
Ms. Benedict grew up in San Diego and participated in area athletics. Ms. Benedict was a proud member of the U.S. Olympic Development Womens Soccer team from 1985 through 1988 and an eight-letter varsity athlete at Torrey Pines High School in San Diego. Ms. Benedict applied the discipline learned from her years in athletics towards her educational pursuits. Ms. Benedict obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara and her law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Between 1999-2005, Ms. Benedict worked a staff attorney for Appellate Defenders, Inc. (ADI). ADI is a non-profit firm that administers the appointed counsel system in the Fourth Appellate District. While at ADI, Ms. Benedict personally authored more than 100 appellate brief, presented numerous arguments at the Court of Appeal, and made three appearances before the California Supreme Court. Additionally, Ms. Benedict supervised the work of other appellate practitioners appointed to represent defendants on appeal.
In the summer of 2005, Ms. Benedict opened her independent law office and expanded her client base to encompass not only appellate representation, but also to assist bicycle accident victims.
To Contact Amanda, Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Bar Association (1999 – Present)
- California Bar Association (1999 – Present)
- California Appellate Defense Counsel
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Triathlon Club of San Diego
- Swamis Cycling Club
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Running an Efficient and Profitable Appointed Appellate Practice, California Appointed Defense Counsel – San Diego Chapter, June 2009.
- Dealing with Difficult Clients, Appellate Defenders, Inc., June 2005.
- Recognizing and Addressing Bias In The Legal Profession, South Bay Bar Association, May 2005.
- Using Technology To Work Efficiently, California Appointed Defense Counsel – San Diego Chapter, February 2005.
- Ethics & the Use of Technology, Appellate Defenders, Inc.
- Making A Record For the Appeal, North County Criminal Defense Bar Association, February 2005